Thursday, December 24, 2009

20

Today is December 24th, which is also the day before the much anticipated holiday, "Christmas".

I'm not excited so much for Christmas as I am for New Years.

A lot has happened this past 2009, and I'm ready to remember it, and to move on.

What has happened? Lots.

Let's start from the beginning.

January 2009-
-I befriended what would be a best friend.
-I pierced a body part.
-My Dad found out he had prostate cancer.

February 2009-
-I turned 19.
-I broke up with my girlfriend.
-I consequently lost my best friend.
-Lent 2009.

March 2009-
-I saw Paul Baribeau, and Good Luck, twice.
-I traveled from Orlando to Tampa all by myself, by way of train track.
-I camped.

April 2009-
-Panic attacks at UCF ceasing
-Spirituality increasing
-Home visits more frequent

May 2009-
-Started job at Starbucks
-Saw someone I've known for 19 years get married.
-Quality time at Apollo Beach.

June 2009-
-Practically matchmade two of my best friends.
-Practically acted like a douche about it.
-Substance, only.

July 2009-
-Car breaks down every week. I've had the car for years. First car.
-Lonely, nostalgic. Heavily.
-Go to Ginny Springs!

August 2009-
-Hello, North Carolina. I'm marrying you. Vacation.
-Goodbye Angelina, Jack, Audrey, Caleb, Clark.
-First depression/panic attack.

September 2009-
-School starts, work is beautiful.
-Read Precious.
-CCM Retreat, feeling airy.

October 2009-
-Everything costs so much.
-I miss everyone still.
-Halloween party.

November 2009-
-Start disposable camera journey (thx M.B.)
-Closure
-Thanksgiving, also, I work.

December 2009-
-Heavy need to leave elsewhere, like NYC, or Paris.
-Begin to teach thyself French.
-Last cigarette.
-New Years officially replaces Halloween as 'favorite secular holiday'.

That's pretty much it.
This year has been one of the hardest years of my life, and I guess that makes sense.
Although now I am slightly nauseous, and still ill from the flu, I feel like this was completely worth it.
Every phone call, every relationship, every bad word, every cigarette.
Totally worth it.

2009, you've been truly a blessing in disguise. I would have never thought I would be so upset to see you go, but, I know that you were indeed worth it.
2010, you better have something crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment